Friday, January 9, 2009

Big neon sign outside my window.

All I can say is God is so good! After my huge post about being overwhelmed and blah blah blah, I tried to go to bed. As I was saying my prayers, I said to God, "Lord, I apologize for being so stupid. I truly suck at listening to what You have to say to me. I just need some answers to all of my questions. I feel so overwhelmed, and I'm too dumb to hear Your whisper, so, if You don't mind, would You please slap me in the face with an answer?"

Well, I got that slap alright! This morning, when I woke up, this was the devotional that was in my inbox:


No Strain
Be calm, no matter what may befall you. Rest in Me. Be patient, and let patience have her perfect work.
Never think things overwhelming. How can you be overwhelmed when I am with you? Do not feel the strain of life.
There is no strain for My children. Do you not see I am a Master Instrument-maker? Have I not fashioned each part? Do I not know just what it can bear without a strain? Would I, the maker of so delicate an instrument, ask of it anything that could destroy or strain?
No! The Strain is only when
you are serving another master, the world, fame, the
good opinion of men - or carrying two days' burden on the one day. Remember that it must not be.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7

Praise the Lord! It's so awesome to serve a God that is so good!

I got my neon sign, and I couldn't be more at peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow....it is truly amazing God's timing...that the night before you spoke of being overwhelmed, He had a devotional waiting for you to bring you peace and joy...we serve an awesome God! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard of Sarah Groves? She is my FAVORITE ever.

    --- she has a song about this, you should hear it.

    Go here:

    http://saragroves.com/store/conversations/lyrics/hellolord/

    Warning: ***She is very addicting***

    ReplyDelete